Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gifts and Gift Wrapping

December 1st. Time to begin preparing for the holiday season.

I hate to spend money on wrapping paper and it's wasteful anyways. Other options are:
* magazines
* maps
* newspaper
* brown paper bags from the store
and anything else you can find.



My aunt saves decorative bags every year, so any presents I haven't wrapped I just borrow one of those. Then you can just reuse them next year.

Buying ribbon can also be expensive. Instead of Ribbon you can use:
* yarn - use different colors to make interesting designs
* twine
* fabric
* rope
* rubber bands



This year I had a lot of ideas for presents but every family has some people that are hard to shop for. Like teenage boys. What do you get a teenage boy for the holidays? Probably gift cards.

This year, I made everyone in my family t-shirts. I took a bunch of different colored shirts and I painted them with fabric paint. I made stencils out of cardboard of trees, animals, people's names, ect and then painted them onto the shirts.

I made crochet scarfs also. They're easy to make and you can do them in a variety of colors. Tutorial Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment