Saturday, September 24, 2011

Reversible Totebag



I made a reversible tote bag the other day but haven't taken pictures yet. I just found this pic on the internet. I'll make another for the tutorial later but for now...

I just cut a 13.5 x 14 in piece of fabric - two of each fabric. And two 2 x 30 inch pieces of fabric - I made on in each fabric. You can change the length for shorter or longer straps.

Then I took the first fabric and sewed them together with a 1/2 inch seam allowance around three sides. I did the same with the other.

I serged the seams because I like to be sure it won't come undone. If you don't have a serger just zig-zag stich around the edges. T

Then turn one piece inside out and place the other inside so the patterned sides face each other. I messed up the first time so when I pulled them apart they were inside out. Oopsies!

Next sew the strap sides together with the patterns facing in and then turn inside out. Then sew them on the bag.

And tada! You're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment